Update

Well things have continued to be extremely busy, which I can't complain about. I've been doing a lot of different types of work from production work to design work to art direction. It's been good. Now if I could just get people to PAY me for all the work I've done. Ooops. Did I say that out loud? Apparently I did. Anyhoo...

Here are a few things I've been working on. For the past couple of months I've been working on a re-branding project for a company called Walls Industries. They're pretty much the "Carhartt of the south" - based in Texas. We're in the process of trying to persuade them to move forward with a new logo (which you'll see in the designs below) and also with a fresh "look". Below are some samples of the hang tags and stickers for various garments along with a 3-panel ceiling banner.




I also recently finished up a pro-bono project for Normandale Community College. They have a really cool scholarship program for underprivileged kids called "The Normandale Math & Science Academy". Basically this program gives kids the chance to pursue a career in the medical/science field. It's a great program, so I was happy to help them put together some professional looking materials so that they can go out and raise support to help continue funding this program. We put together a trifold brochure and 3 biography cards that told the story of some current students who had received scholarships. I was privileged enough to be recognized at Normandale's Donor Appreciation Banquet on September 17th for the work I did. It was a nice night of networking and meeting various people who have helped put this program together.



Another project I'm just wrapping up is an FSI for Red Star Yeast. This will be run in Colorado and a few other locations as they do some market research as to which brands are selling best based on location, store, etc. I've enjoyed this project a lot. The client had me art direct the photo shoot of the products which I got to do with my friend Shawn over at Nielsen Photography.



A few weeks back I completed a project I'd been working on for a while - a flyer for the Minnesota Childhood Apraxia support group we're a part of. This was a fun little project, and I'm excited that we now have a nice flyer to hand out to make people more aware of what Apraxia is. It'll be great to see how many more people join our group now that we'll have a tool for spreading the word!



Last but not least, I've done a few "personal" projects over the past couple of months, too. My twin brother, Aaron, and his wonderful wife, Katie, recently returned home from Ethiopia with their baby daughter, Matea. We're so thrilled to have a new member of the family!! I offered to design adoption announcements for them and had a BLAST!!



And speaking of a new family member - my middle brother, Jesse, is getting married November 1st to his lovely bride, Jodi. We're SO excited to have her as part of our family! As part of her Christmas present last year, I told Jodi I'd love to do custom wedding invitations for them. So here they are! Everything fit in a #10 size envelope and they turned out really fun - definitely something "different", which is always good.



So there...that's just a taste of stuff that's been going on in terms of work the past few months. I'll try to be better about posting. Stay tuned!

0 comments: